According to the documentary movie Burzynski:
- A 1992 law - the Prescription Drug User Fee Act - puts the FDA on the payroll of the pharmaceutical industry. The FDA gets more than half of its money from the pharmaceutical industry
- Many FDA advisors are also consultants to big drug companies
- The FDA has said that only giant pharmaceutical companies with very deep pockets - not individuals - should be granted the right to create anti-cancer treatments
- The FDA deems it irrelevant whether or not anti-cancer treatments work
- The same corruption and collusion between big companies and their governmental regulators that exists in finance, politics and energy also infects the anti-cancer industry
The movie is an hour and forty-eight minutes long, but very well made, and definitely worth the time. For more information, see this.
Note: I am not a health care professional, and have no expertise of any nature whatsoever in the fields of medicine or cancer. This does not constitute medical or healthcare advice.